- 20g American Ginseng Red Ginseng (thick slices)
- 700g fresh whole chicken
- 4-5 slices ginger with skin
- 25g dried snow fungus
- 10-12 cups of water
- Pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- Soak the snow fungus in hot water for 30 minutes, then remove the yellow base with a pair of scissors and divide the fungus into small bundles.
- Wash and slice the ginger. No need to peel the skin.
- Cut a fresh chicken along the joints to separate the chicken into a few big chunks with a pair of kitchen scissors. Then tear off the skin and remove the fat.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and put all the chicken pieces in.
- Put American Ginseng Red Ginseng slices, sliced ginger into the pot.
- Bring the soup to a boil, turn it down to medium-high heat, and cook for 45 minutes.
- Turn the heat to medium-low and cook for another 30 minutes when the soup becomes cloudy.
- Add the soaked snow fungus in the soup and cook for another 30-45 minutes. Season the soup with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.