- 180 grams American Ginseng Red Ginseng Thick Slices
- 1½ cups honey (or maple syrup)
- 1½ cups filtered water
- Put 180 grams Red Ginseng Thick Slices in a bowl, steam for 60 minutes with low heat until the slices become completely soft.
- Place in a small saucepan and cover with the honey and water.
- Bring to a simmer and reduce to low heat. Cover and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer the ginseng slices and honey into a bowl, cover the bowl with a lid. Let it set for overnight.
- Pour the mixture through a strainer and let the honey/syrup completely drip off the ginseng slices.
- Once drained completely, spread the Ginseng slices out in a single layer on a wire rack and sit out for at least 12 hours or until it has started to dry.
- Transfer the honeyed ginseng slices into to an airtight container and store in the fridge and it will keep for quite a long time.
- Collect the left-over honey and put it in a jar for next time or used it for coffee.
Tag: American Ginseng Concentrate, Snack, Recipes