- 15g American Ginseng Red Ginseng (thick slices)
- 40g snow fungus;
- 60g dried red dates;
- 50g lotus seeds;
- 20g organic Goji berries;
- 90g rock sugar;
- 7.5 cups water.
- Soak the dried lotus seeds in hot water for 30 minutes. Then, stick a toothpick into the closed end of the seed to push out the lotus plumules. Discard the plumules and set the seeds aside.
- Wash the red dates and then soak them in water for 30 minutes. Once they’re plump and rehydrated, cut the dates in half and take out the pits.
- Rinse the Goji berries and set aside.
- Soak the dried snow fungus in hot water for an hour. Cut the hard yellow base out of the fungus, and then divide the fungus into small pieces. Wash the fungus thoroughly, and then set it aside.
- Put the washed snow fungus in a pot. Add 7.5 cups of water to the pot and bring it to a boil. Once the water starts boiling, turn the heat down to medium and let it cook for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, stir the fungus and pour in the lotus seeds, American Ginseng slices, pitted red dates, and goji berries. Cook for 40 minutes over low heat. Stir the contents.
- Add the rock sugar and cook over low heat for another 5 minutes.
- Let the soup rest for 15 minutes before serving. In the summer, this soup can be refrigerated before serving.